Summertime is a time where many people want beach bodies and the like, but it’s also easy to fall into a never-ending trap of barbeques and ice cream. Las Vegas has recorded temperatures in the triple-digit range, making it an appealing choice to host a barbeque or indulge in creamy ice cream or other snacks. Our mouths are already watering just mentioning it.Barbeques are not absolutely terrible, depending on what you decide to grill. A BBQ is bad when you overdo it with the BBQ sauce, a sauce that is generally loaded with sugars that give it the flavor you enjoy. Ketchup is the same way. You can’t let these options fool you into believing otherwise. However, it’s not the end of the world as there are BBQ sauces out there that contain reduced sugar or no added sugars. Granted, they may not taste as great but the compromise may be worth it – assuming you’re even concerned with not only your overall health, but your oral health as well. Avoiding sugary foods are always beneficial to your oral health!
And ice creams… don’t even get us started on that. It’s great, but these snack ideas we have are much better and most importantly, healthier!
Easy To Make Healthy Summer Snack Ideas That You Won’t Regret
• Juice Cubes – this is a brilliant idea and terribly simple to craft. All you do is find a flavor of 100-percent fruit juice, pour it into an ice tray, and let it freeze over. They’re great for adding to any type of sparkling water. A great low-calorie option that doesn’t contain unnecessary sugars.
• Frozen Grapes/Cherries – are you seeing a trend? Your freezer is your best ticket for healthy eats during the summer. All you have to do here is buy your favorite type of grapes/cherries, throw them into the freezer until frozen, and enjoy. A very low-calorie option that tastes phenomenal.
• Fruit Skewers – missing skewers that much? No problem. Try a fruit skewer, no freezing necessary. Just get a medley of fresh summertime fruits, some skewers, and skewer away! We like to believe fruit is nature’s candy, not that man-made stuff that’s filled with tooth decaying amounts of sugar.
• Grilled Peaches – you don’t always have to grill meats. Try grilling a halved peach and top it off with some cinnamon. You may be surprised at how tasty this simple treat is.
• Kiwis – We only mention this because we believe it’s vastly underrated. That or it’s just too hard for people to find. Let us remind you the fact that kiwi contains antioxidants and may be correlated with lowering blood pressure. A great summertime snack!
• Grilled Corn on the Cob – most people are already aware of this, because it’s great. Remove a few layers from the husk, soak the corn in cold water for about 15 minutes, throw it onto the grill for about 15 on medium heat (300 degrees), and you’re set.
• Orange Water – grab a pitcher, fill it up with water, slice a few oranges, drop them into the pitcher, add some cucumbers, and then let place it into your refrigerator for a couple of days. Take it out, pour it, and taste how natural it is compared to popular brands that feature insane amount of sugar.
There are plenty of other ideas out there, but we gave you the ones we found truly exciting and have course, beneficial to both your teeth and body. After all, that’s really what counts. Plus, you can even impress your friends and family with some of these simple recipes. Relax, soak up the sun (be sure to wear sunscreen), and eat like a real champion this summer!